The EJB 3 / JPA series are really popular (several thousands views). I was asked to provide an overview, so here are the posts so far:
I answered some frequently asked questions during the the inception phase of my Java EE 5 projects in my blog as well:
- So if you have EJB 3, are "Plain Old Web Containers" still viable?
- What happens, in case EJB 3 turn out to be not powerful enough?
- Are POJOs lot faster, comparing them to EJB 3?
- What's about the memory consumption?
- Are EJB 3 threadsafe? Do they run well on multi-core, multi-CPU machines?
- Are EJB 3 actually lightweight or heavyweight?
- How fast is the deployment of several hundred JPA-Entities and Session Beans?
- Monolithic Or Modular?
- Integration Of "Legacy" POJOs - why not to inject a DefaultTableModel into an EJB?
Web Apps, SPA, PWA with vanilla Java Script (ES 6+), CSS 3 and WebStandards only. As simple as possible, but not simpler. See you at: (Progressive) Web apps, Single Page Apps and WebStandards airhacks workshops at MUC airport, Winter Edition
airhacks.fm the podcast:
Stay in touch: airhacks.news.