- Jigsaw is going to come with a linker. You will be able to package a self-contained application with approx. 12mb file size. You can try it now
- Java 9 is going to introduce additional methods for parallel File reading, Streams handling and enhancements of the Optional type.
- Java EE 8 security session was full. The JSR-375 Java EE Security API is all about usability and simplicity. The Java EE 8 Security spec will integrate with CDI and will also introduce a bunch of facades and utility methods to simplify and unify APIs like JASPIC or JAAS. Most of the features are based on community surveys.
- We had a great time in "IDE Wars" session to compare Eclipse, IntelliJ and NetBeans. The session went surprisingly well and ended on-time. We got many questions from the audience. And the winner was: (...)
- NetBeans supports TypeScript with an additional plugin created by Everlaw.
- See you tomorrow at: 10/28/15, 10:00 - 11:00 in "Nashorn: The “42” for Startups and Enterprises", CON1850. I plan to show you multiple use cases, ideas, tips and hacks for using Nashorn in Java EE, Docker and automation context.
Another great and busy JavaOne day. The booths at the exhibition hall were crowded, sessions interesting, and the audience nice.
NEW online workshop: WebStandards Igniter (online)