The links and resources for my (Adam Bien) JavaOne 2013 in San Francisco:
Demystifying Java EE
- How To Deal With Transaction Isolation Levels?
- One Application Per Domain
- J2EE is Dead, Completely Dead
- Do We Need Stateless Session Bean Pooling?
- Can I Start Threads In EJBs?
- Dependency Injection …and there is no magic
- Data Access Object--Reader's Questions
- In Case Dozer Or BeanUtils Are Working Well You Have A Problem a>
- Unit Testing Java EE Applications
- Don't use JPA's RESOURCE_LOCAL on the server
Lean and Opinionated Java EE 7 Applications
- Java EE 7 Maven pom.xml
- Sample application build according to the ideas discusses in the session:http://lightfish.adam-bien.com
- WAR packaging
- Can Stateful Java EE 6 Apps Scale?
- Modules, Cycles, Unwanted Friends
- How evil are Data Transfer Objects (DTOs)?
- (JSF + JPA) - EJB = Bloat
- Generic CRUD Service aka DAO - EJB 3.1/0 Code - Only If You Really Needed
- ...And Finally, You Should Introduce A DAO If:
- DAOs Aren't Dead - But They Either Collapsed Or Disappeared
- Premature Encapsulation Is the Root Of All Evil
Architecting Enterprise JavaFX 8 Applications
- A collaborative editor based on afterburner.fx: http://airpad.adam-bien.com
- The LightView UI was ported to afterburner.fxhttp://lightfish.adam-bien.com
- MVP, IoC, DI and WYSIWG …with JavaFX--Java Magazine Article
- Java FX Data Binding For Enterprise Applications--Java Magazine Article
- The Enterprise Side of JavaFX--A Java Magazine about LightFish
Unit Tests Don’t Break: Stress-Testing Java EE Applications
- LightFish Introduction
- A Java Magazine article about stress testing
- Dependency Injection Performance in Java EE 6: Dependent (easy) vs ApplicationScoped ("optimized")
…both books are covering the Java EE related sessions:
Thanks for attending my sessions and for the many questions and discussions during and between the sessions. In fact I got so many questions, that I had to strip the content a little bit.
You will find my (extensive :-)) slides here.Java EE Workshops at MUC Airport!
Cloudy Jakarta EE and MicroProfile: Microservices, Clouds and Beyond Jakarta EE / MicroProfile airhacks workshops at MUC airport, Winter Edition
airhacks.fm the podcast:
Stay in touch: airhacks.news.