I also migrated several projects from Glassfish "daily builds" to Glassfish v2 FCS. I added Glassfish to Netbeans 6b1 - it worked without any problems. The startup time of glassfish inside Netbeans is about 8 seconds - the shutdown process takes a little bit longer.
My Glassfish's favourites:
- CallFlow - you can visualize the invocation hierarchy of all EJBs (with visualization)
- asupgrade.bat - A small swing app, which can be used to migrate the old configuration to a new one.
- And of course different ways to configuration: asadmin.bat, the visual admin console and the xml files.
- The ability to configure even the JVM options inside the admin console...
- Very good netbeans integration (I didn't tried the Eclipse plugin yet).
- Create JSF from Entities - this one was/is awesome. It generates a simple webapp from existing JPA-entities.
- The generation of JMS-Skeletons (sending a message) isn't complete. I missed the actual creation of the javax.jms.Message (a two-liner).
Web Apps, SPA, PWA with vanilla Java Script (ES 6+), CSS 3 and WebStandards only. As simple as possible, but not simpler. See you at: (Progressive) Web apps, Single Page Apps and WebStandards airhacks workshops at MUC airport, Winter Edition
airhacks.fm the podcast:
Stay in touch: airhacks.news.