Lets start with some news first: airhacks Q & A got a dedicated website http://airhacks.tv with an archive of the past shows.
Now to the questions for the November (3rd November, Monday, 6 P.M. CET) edition of the http://airhacks.tv show:
- Question about ejb scheduler vs java ee batch processing. What are pros and cons when using batch processing over ejb scheduler ? Marek
- Question about multi datasource and EJB. What is the best way to deal with EJBs
which need to use a specific database for caller/user? Should I use
Interceptors? Should I use injection with request scoped? Wesley
- Statement: “You forgot to say one advantage of Spring over JEE. Spring you can deploy on any container.” Mauricio
- ‘How do you manage deployed microservices (status, healthchecks, restarting) locally and on servers?’ Tomek
- ’How do you use Docker (what setup) locally and on servers? Tomek
- Why It Is Impossible To Automatically Handle javax.persistence.OptimisticLockException? “…I had even more finding on optimisticLockException. I had encounter this
exception and my solution was pretty straight forward which was just retry and
it works fine with my design and the data were good. The catch is, recently I added a new table which has a relationship to the row
which was throwing the optimisticLockException. I noticed that the entry in the second table was not created because of this exception. However the record data consistency was maintained because of the retry. But I loose an important
information in my related table. Does anyone have suggestion on what to do with this kind of scenario?…” [Anuj]
- can you share some updates on how to do high availability JEE apps in light of
JEE7 and tackling session stored data Ahmed
- We will also cover the extensive gist comments
Do you have any additional questions? Ask now, or wait a month :-)
The best of all: you can ask the questions live, during the show using the chat: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/adambien, twitter (hashtag "#airhacks") or (the best option): using channel ##airhacks on http://freenode.net.
NEW: Online Workhop Effective WebApps without Frameworks is also coming to: MUC Airport.