Questions for the first 2015 airhacks.tv, but late show at Januar, 12th, 6 PM CET:
- Year 2014 Review and Announcements
- Introducing project headlands
- What are your overall “Java EE” favorites? (peter, via email)
- Which technology stack would you prefer to choose for an interactive single page mobile app? As JavaFX is not supported by Apple, I am currently experimenting with a hybrid web app technology stack: GWT, MGWT, PhoneGap. I evaluated Vaadin for this purpose, but integrating custom widgets into their complex architecture seems to be a real pain. Something like Java EE + Primefaces seems not be the first candidate for a single page app to me. What would your approach be? (Jens)
- What application server are you currently using for your new Java EE7 projects? Would you recommend GlassFish 4.1 despite the lack of commercial support, or is better to go with WildFly 8.2.0? Antonio
- What is your opinion about Project Avatar (https://avatar.java.net/)? WurstFromHell
- Portable error reporting with JAX-RS 2.0 Benjamin
- How to map complex object strategies to JSON? Remko
I would like to know what would be the best approach for modular JSF applications.Most of the existing examples consist in creating a jar, for web applications, where the resources are located in the META-INF folder, having unique named properties files, and using CDI to announce the module existences henry
What about building enterprise systems made of multiple ears, whereas each ear is build as you described? Still, there are many issues not covered yet by appserver providers and JEE.
(1) One example is that remote ejb proxies are not automatically recovered after deployment - custom proxy factories need to be implemented.
(3) Another one is the communication between wars … there is actually no kind web client project type available to provide an API for JSF apps - needed to integrate apps at different WARs (for EJB jars we JEE provides client projects…).
(3) Another aspect … how to develop single EARs with one or more teams/team members? How to hide parts of sources to subcontractors, but ensure deployability?From my perspective, development of integrated service landscapes with JEE is still a challenging and not that easy as many hello world example show … that’s why - hope to see more of really real-world enterprise patterns here and also provided by next JEE versions! Andreas Freier
I would like to have something like:
@Inject @Any private InstanceWhere ‘ServiceRemote’ is a @Remote interface, and there are multiple implementations deployed in different EARs.Chris
- I was looking at the Arunja implementation of TransactionSynchronizationRegistry in JBoss and get/putResource works by accessing the resource from the transaction object. You state that this mechanism is independent of TLS, but how does the container get the TSR in the first place, so that it can inject it, if it doesn’t do it using TLS? Ant
Today I saw some code were a @SessionScoped bean was injected into a @Stateless
EJB.Up-to-now my understanding was that such a constellation will lead toDo you have an advice for me? Juergen
unpredictable behavior, since the stateless EJB is not stateless anymore.After googling that topic I figured out that may people stating, such a
constellation is absolutely valid.I can’t believe that’s true. How is this working?
- Can you please explain how to configure hazelcast as a distributed cache on multiple servers? Eyal
Do you have any additional questions? Ask now, or wait a month :-)
You can ask additional questions live, during the show using the chat: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/adambien, twitter (hashtag "#airhacks") or (the best option): using channel ##airhacks on http://freenode.net.
NEW: Online Workhop Effective WebApps without Frameworks is also coming to: MUC Airport.