- Your Services will not just degrade to a plain delegates after the DAO-introduction.
- You are really going to mock out the DAOs and test the Services (really = high code coverage of Service layer with serious unit tests).
- It is likely, that your persistence implementation will change next time (<few years).
- Your DAOs is not just a wrapper around the EntityManager - it provides additional value (fluent interface, query builder, domain specific queries etc).
- Your design remains DRY and KISS.
|Keep it Simple, Stupid|
|Keep it Simple, Silly|
|Keep it Simple, Shithead|
|Keep it Simple & Stupid|
|Keep it Small & Simple|
|Keep it Sweet & Simple|
|Keep it Simple & Straightforward|
|Keep it Simple & Smart|
|Keep it Strictly Simple|
NEW online workshop: WebStandards Igniter (online)