java.net is the old, but nice URL, with the great kenai.com infrastructure behind. I created the x-ray project, which is a vanilla Java EE 6 "analytics" software installed on this blog and sample application for the "Real World Java EE Night Hacks--Dissecting the Business Tier" book as well. What I appreciate:
- Freedom of choice: you can choose between SVN, HG, GIT or external repositories. Even register multiple repos for a single project
- Support for wikis, message forum, mailing lists, or chat. You can even setup the whole website from scratch
- Support for webhooks - you can register webhooks to drive your CI server
- Real Time Feedback - all changes are visible instantenously
- Clean and modern design
- Convenient and fast management - I was able to setup x-ray in 10 minutes during a lunch break...
Why java.net? I used kenai.com for about 2 years and it worked perfectly. java.net can be considered as "kenai on steroids" - it comes with additional features like e.g. git support.