Netbeans 6.5 beta worked, but exceptions were thrown from time to time during editing more complex Java classes (with innerclasses, refactorings etc.). I used it only for few days, then switched back to Netbeans 6.1. As 6.5rc1 came out - I gave it another try. I opened my current project (Wicket, EJB 3, JPA 1.0 and Glassfish) and worked with it for two days. Some observations:
- No exceptions so far. Everything works fine.
- The SQL explorer is completely reworked.
- You can diff file just on right clicking on the tab. This is one of the "killer" features, because I have to diff HTML / CSS files frequently.
- The performance is better, than 6.1.
- The Save On Deploy feature works amazingly well - I just save the files, and NB redeploys it in backround on GF.
- The full redeployment is fast I takes 2-15 seconds to deploy the whole EAR with WAR and EJB-JAR. JPA creates tables for me in this time as well.
- The new search for action feature works good. Just press ctrl+i and a keyword like e.g. deploy. The search will suggest you all available and related actions.